- 1 lb Eggplant, sliced
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb Ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 lb Sweet bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 lb onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 tbl sunflower oil
- 3 tbl vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tsp Honey or Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 tsphot pepper sauce, to taste or 3/8 tbl Chopped fresh dill
- In a large bowl, toss vegetables with oil, vinegar and honey.
- In a heavy cooking pot or Dutch oven, layer vegetables and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place over high heat .
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour.