Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp thyme
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup rice, pre-cooked
- cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown the ground beef in the oil over high heat.
- Add chopped onions and reduce heat to medium; cook until tender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, crushed tomatoes, mushroom soup, and rice.
- Bring all to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Spoon into a 1 and ½ qt. casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of the casserole.
- Broil just until cheese melts.