Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I had some leftover Lamb and spinach left over after a big catering affair and concocted this recipe. I love it and serve it at brunches, bridal showers and it will be published in my next cookbook. I wrote this in 1994.
- 1-1/4 pounds very lean ground Lamb
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup blanched fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce with 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper stirred in
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 tablespoons jalapeño stuffed green olives, chopped
- 4 pita pockets
- 1 cup unflavored nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh crumbled blue Cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled Bacon
- Mix Lamb, Onion, spinach, soy sauce, mustard, celery seed, dill seed, parsley and in a large bowl.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill over medium heat about 5 minutes on each side.
- Mix together, yogurt, blue Cheese, pepper and Bacon.
- Mix well.
- When Lamb is cooked, place in pita pockets and spoon tablespoon of yogurt sauce over each.
- Top with favorite condiments and serve.