I tasted the original version of this dish at a party and it seemed bland to me so I rewrote it and it’s very well received at my holiday gatherings.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium Serrano pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 2 pounds cubed fresh Lamb
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add pepper and Onion and fry gently until lightly golden.
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, and cilantro and fry gently 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Lamb and fry until brown, stirring frequently.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt, lime juice, Cayenne and black pepper.
- Stir yogurt mixture into Lamb mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.