I perfected this recipe in 1991 when I was given a huge batch of salmon, which I love and can't get enough of.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 4 pounds fresh salmon
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 2 cups sauce (half soy sauce the other half teriyaki sauce)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 drops Pic-a-Peppa sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Mix all ingredients except salmon together.
- Drop salmon chunks into brine and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Air dry for one hour prior to smoking.
- Smoke over Mesquite or Hickory for 2 – 3 hours.