This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 cups jalapeño jack cheese cubed
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup bottled sweet and sour sauce
- Place 1 cube of cheese in middle of wonton wrapper then fold in half to form a triangle sealing edges with water.
- Fold remaining 2 edges together and seal.
- Repeat with remaining cheese and wrappers.
- Heat oil in deep skillet to 375°F.
- Fry wontons 6 to 8 at a time until golden brown about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.