- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14-ounce jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach or one 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Heat oil in medium-size skillet. Saute onion and garlic in oil 2 to 3 minutes or until Onion is translucent. Remove from heat, stir in rice; set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir until smooth. Add onions and rice.
- Spread layer of spaghetti sauce on bottom of 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan coated with vegetable spray. Top sauce with alternating layers of ricotta cheese mixture, spinach and mozzarella Cheese finishing with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake covered at 400 degrees 30 to 40 minutes. Remove cover during last 10 minutes to achieve even browning.