Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Prep: 55 Minutes | Bake: 20 Minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1¼ to 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- ¾ cup low-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green or red sweet pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For crust, mix ¾ cup of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add oil and ½ cup warm water (120°F to 130°F).
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
- Stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
- Then, knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (5 minutes total).
- Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl; Turn once. Cover; Let rise in a warm Place until double (about 30 minutes).
- Punch down. Cover; Let rest 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface roll dough into a 14-inch circle.
- Place on a pizza pan sprayed with nonstick spray coating and sprinkled with the cornmeal.
- Build up edges slightly.
- Bake crust in a 425°F oven about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.