Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- Prep: 55 Minutes | Bake: 20 Minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
- 1¼ to 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- ¾ cup low-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green or red sweet pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For crust, mix ¾ cup of the flour, the yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add oil and ½ cup warm water (120°F to 130°F).
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes.
- Stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
- Then, knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (5 minutes total).
- Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl; Turn once. Cover; Let rise in a warm Place until double (about 30 minutes).
- Punch down. Cover; Let rest 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface roll dough into a 14-inch circle.
- Place on a pizza pan sprayed with nonstick spray coating and sprinkled with the cornmeal.
- Build up edges slightly.
- Bake crust in a 425°F oven about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.