Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cheesy Hamburger Casserole from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Quickly prepared, this casserole may disappear just as fast at the table! Serves 4
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- ½ lb ground meat (beef, veal)
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ¾ cup tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes
- ½ can (10 oz) cheddar cheese soup
- Cook macaroni until slightly tender. Drain, set aside.
- Brown ground meat and onions in small skillet. Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- Oil a 1-quart casserole, and spoon in 1/3 of meat mixture. Add cooked macaroni, then the remainder of meat mixture. Spread cheese soup over all (may be frozen unbaked). Cover the casserole tightly and bake at 400° until bubbly