Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup yellow grits or coarse-ground yellow cornmeal
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, low-fat or fat-free
- Bring water to a full rolling boil.
- Sift corn grits by hand, little by little, into boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Water should not stop boiling.
- Continue to boil and stir until grits start to thicken.
- Turn heat very low and simmer for ten minutes, stirring often.
- Add flaxseed and Cheese, stirring to mix.
- Simmer for another five minutes.
- Serve with low-fat gravy, reduced-fat margarine, sprinkled with more Cheese, or plain.
from the sneaky kitchen