Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1½ to 2 lb. potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes), peeled, quartered
- ¼ cup softened cream cheese or mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled, minced or ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup half and half or whipping cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Kraft sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Cover potatoes with water in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Place potatoes in preheated oven for 10 minutes to "dry" them out.
- Mash or whip potatoes.
- Add cream cheese or mayonnaise, minced garlic or garlic powder, half and half or cream, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Stir in cheese, bacon and paprika.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Return to oven if necessary to hold potatoes.
- Serve hot.