Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Cut in shortening with two knives then stir in buttermilk, cheese and chives just until blended.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons 1 inch apart on ungreased large baking or cookie sheet.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake 12 minutes and serve warm.