This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable shortening
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Cut in shortening with two knives then stir in buttermilk, cheese and chives just until blended.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons 1 inch apart on ungreased large baking or cookie sheet.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake 12 minutes and serve warm.