- 6 slices Bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese or Monterey jack Cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, minced (to garnish)
- In a skillet, cook Bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove Bacon from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- If there is more than about 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan, drain off some of the excess.
- Saute garlic in Bacon drippings for 1–2 minutes.
- Add beans, Cheese, picante sauce, onions, oregano, cumin, and Cayenne to pan, and mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until Cheese is melted.
- Stir in Bacon.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish if desired and serve with chips or vegetables.