A sweet combination of a muffin and a cheesecake is an instant alternative to the flavored muffins. Walnuts often work for this for garnishing, too.
- 1 pkg. gelatin, plain
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. cheese (Colby, Cheddar, cottage, or Parmesan), optional
- 16 oz. soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 pkgs. Splenda
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir well. Cut cheese (optional) and cream cheese into small pieces and place in dissolved gelatin. Add melted chocolate and mix.
- Add vanilla and sweetener and beat well with electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium to high.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups. (If using muffin cups, put cupcake paper in cup first). Chill until firm, about 2–3 hours.
- Serve plain. Sell per piece, if desired.