This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Sauté vegetables and brown beef in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix in basil and parsley.
- Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil then simmer 10 – 12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and mix in flour.
- Mix into the milk until smooth and add slowly to the soup mixing constantly.
- Bring to a boil and turn to simmer then add cheese.
- When melted add sour cream and heat through.
- Do not boil.