Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes cubed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese cubed
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Sauté vegetables and brown beef in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix in basil and parsley.
- Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil then simmer 10 – 12 minutes.
- Melt the remainder of butter and mix in flour.
- Mix into the milk until smooth and add slowly to the soup mixing constantly.
- Bring to a boil and turn to simmer then add cheese.
- When melted add sour cream and heat through.
- Do not boil.