A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ cup baking mix
- ¼ cup instant non-fat dry milk + ¾ cup water (or ¾ cup non-fat milk)
- ¼ cup egg mix + ½ cup water (or 2 eggs)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat and onion in pan; drain grease.
- Put in 9-inch pie plate. Add drained corn and cheese on top of meat.
- Stir remaining ingredients with a fork. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes at 350°F.