Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here is an incredibly good soup
- Yield: 14 servings (about 3½ quarts).
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- crumbled cooked bacon
- In a soup kettle, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to soup.
- Stir in 4 cups milk; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with bacon.