Makes 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground Beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 slices pasteurized process American cheese
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Combine meat, rice, Onion, garlic salt, pepper, milk and eggs in large bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Press half of mixture into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan; top with Cheese.
- Spread remaining meat mixture over Cheese, being certain Cheese is completely covered.
- Spoon barbecue sauce on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes, or until meat is done. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.