Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984. Also among the recipes from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 pound leeks washed and sliced
- 1 large capsicum seeded and chopped
- 1 pound courgettes thickly sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 ounce plain flour
- 10 ounces hot vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat half the butter in a large pan then add leeks and peppers and gently fry until soft.
- Add courgettes, mushrooms and paprika and fry for 3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well.
- Gradually add stock stirring all the time then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes then return to pan with the milk, half the cheese and the remaining butter.
- Mash until smooth then season with salt and pepper and beat until smooth.
- Spoon vegetables into an ovenproof dish and top with mashed potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes then serve immediately.