An all-time cheesy favorite, this savory, rich appetizer is made with only real cheese and spring roll wrappers and cooked to red-hot perfection, as it simply keeps a crispy aroma with the cheese content.
- 1 pound Velveeta or any cheese of choice
- 12 spring roll/lumpia wrappers
- 1 cup cooking
- Cut cheese into thin, long strips with the chef's knife. Freeze for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Separate wrappers into individual sheets. On a flat, working surface, lay a wrapper like a diamond. Place cheese on the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold bottom pointed end of wrapper over filling. Fold side ends of the sheet inward and roll tightly into a log.
- Wet the pointed edge of the wrapper with a dab of water to completely seal. Repeat with the remaining cheese and wrappers.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 1 inch deep of oil. Add spring rolls seam side down in batches, if necessary, and fry, turning once or twice, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve hot and plain with the sweet and sour sauce, if desired, or with other side dishes.