Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a simple one-dish meal, a cousin to Quiche Lorraine. It is just the thing needed for a night when you don't want to fuss. Since the pie can be frozen after baking, you can make this in advance to eat on nights when you don't have time to cook.
- Cheese Spinach Pie from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp margarine
- ¼ lb sliced cheese (Swiss or Muenster)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped spinach (drained)
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓½ cup of milk
- ½ tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 9-inch pie shell
- Cook onion in margarine until tender; cool.
- Lay slices of cheese over pie dough, follow with spinach, then onions.
- Beat eggs, adding enough milk to make 1 cup.
- Add seasonings and pour over ingredients in the pie shell.
- Bake in 400° oven about 35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Serve piping hot.
- Substitute cooked, chopped broccoli, green beans, zucchini, or peas for spinach.