A soufflé should be served immediately as it starts to collapse a few minutes after removing from the oven.
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided (about 2 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Atkins Quick Quisine™ Bake Mix
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (about 8 ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 large eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a two-quart soufflé dish and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over moderate heat.
- Stir in soy and pastry flours and mix well.
- Slowly add heavy cream and water, whisking constantly.
- Stir in remaining Parmesan, cheddar, salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer in high speed, beat whites until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold whites into cheese mixture in three additions.
- Gently pour soufflé mixture into prepared dish and bake on center rack for 40 to 45 minutes, until a skewer inserted in middle comes out clean and soufflé is completely risen and browned.
- Serve immediately.