- In frying pan, melt butter; add mushrooms and onion, stirring until all liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk and sherry.
- Blend in egg yolks one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whites into mushroom mixture until just blended; fold in about ⅘ of cheese.
- Spoon mixture into buttered individual souffle dishes or single large souffle dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake small dishes for 25 – 30 minutes at 375°F.
- Bake large souffle at 350°F for 35 – 40 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Serve immediately.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.