Another delicious latke recipe which only takes a minimum of effort to prepare. Recipe from the Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook, ©1998 by The Pillsbury Company.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 14 Servings (3 pancakes each)
- 1 (8-ounce, 1 cup) carton refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) container light ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, combine all pancake ingredients with a wire whisk or in food processor bowl with metal blade.
- Beat or process until smooth and well blended.
- Heat nonstick griddle or large skillet to medium-low heat (325°F).
- Lightly oil griddle.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of batter onto hot griddle, spreading to form 3-inch pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on tops and bottoms are golden brown.
- Carefully loosen with pancake turner; turn and brown other side.
- Please pancakes on cookie sheet; keep warm in 250°F oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter, coating griddle with oil between batches.
- Serve warm pancakes with yogurt and fruit.
- Tip: if pancakes stick to griddle, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water to batter.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 pancake:
- 100 Cal | 3g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat) | 11g Carb | 4mg Cholesterol | 200mg Sodium | 00g Fiber | 7g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ starch | 1 lean meat