Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Another delicious latke recipe which only takes a minimum of effort to prepare. Recipe from the Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Cookbook, ©1998 by The Pillsbury Company.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 14 Servings (3 pancakes each)
- 1 (8-ounce, 1 cup) carton refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed, or 4 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) container light ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, combine all pancake ingredients with a wire whisk or in food processor bowl with metal blade.
- Beat or process until smooth and well blended.
- Heat nonstick griddle or large skillet to medium-low heat (325°F).
- Lightly oil griddle.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of batter onto hot griddle, spreading to form 3-inch pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on tops and bottoms are golden brown.
- Carefully loosen with pancake turner; turn and brown other side.
- Please pancakes on cookie sheet; keep warm in 250°F oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter, coating griddle with oil between batches.
- Serve warm pancakes with yogurt and fruit.
- Tip: if pancakes stick to griddle, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water to batter.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 pancake:
- 100 Cal | 3g Total Fat (1g Sat Fat) | 11g Carb | 4mg Cholesterol | 200mg Sodium | 00g Fiber | 7g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ starch | 1 lean meat