Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4-6.
- For the koftas
- 1 quantity panir
- 30 g/1 oz/1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped Sultanas
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons seeded and chopped fresh chillies
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil and ghee for deep frying
- For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 3 thin slices ginger, cut into shreds
- 125 ml/4 fl oz/1/2 cup light cream or evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander or mint
- Prepare the panir (reserving whey) and leave it to drain for 30 minutes.
- Press between two plates to remove any excess moisture, then untie the muslin.
- Break curds into pieces and knead vigorously until smooth and palm of the hand feels greasy.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and roll each into a smooth ball.
- Combine coriander, Sultanas, almonds and chillies, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a depression in each ball and fill with some of the coriander mixture, then mould ball around filling again, making a smooth surface without cracks.
- Heat about 2 cups oil with 2 tablespoons ghee to flavour it and slip in the Cheese koftas, frying them over medium heat until golden brown on all sides.
- Lift out on slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Sauce: To make the sauce, melt ghee in a heavy pan with a tablespoon of the frying oil and cook garlic and Onion until soft and translucent.
- Add tomato paste, salt, Sugar and ginger and stir in 11/2 cups whey. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream, add koftas and simmer in sauce for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and coriander just before serving .