Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This salad is also a great appetizer. You may use your favorite vinaigrette or olive oil as dressing.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cup (4 oz) cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- flour for dredging
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- seasoned breadcrumbs for dredging
- oil for frying
- 5 cups (10 oz) mixed salad greens
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- vinaigrette dressing
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs and Cheese. Whisk until Cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt, pepper and Cayenne. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture and make 8-10 balls.
- Coat with flour, egg wash, then breadcrumbs.
- Place balls in a tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook fritters for 4 minutes until evenly brown. Drain excess oil by placing fritters on absorbent paper.
- In a bowl, toss the greens with your choice of vinaigrette dressing.
- Add fritters. Sprinkle cranberries, walnuts and ground pepper.