Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3/4 cup water, or as needed
- 1/2 cup grated hard Cheese such as Parmesan or Romano
- vegetable oil for frying
- coarse salt
- Cayenne or smoked paprika
3. Press dough into 1/2-inch thick rectangle on well-floured work surface. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
5. Place beignet squares in oil, taking care not to overcrowd. Fry 3 minutes on each side, or until browned and done throughout. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels. Sprinkle immediately with coarse salt. Right before serving, dust with Cayenne.