This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Patrick Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ pound mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 3 green onions trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice off top quarter of each tomato and scoop out and discard pulp then invert onto paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile in a blender or food processor puree cottage cheese with lemon juice and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat then add mushrooms, green onion, salt and pepper and sauté until tender.
- Lower heat then stir in cottage cheese and cook gently for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Fill tomato shells with mushroom mixture and bake in shallow pan for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.