Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Patrick Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ pound mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 3 green onions trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice off top quarter of each tomato and scoop out and discard pulp then invert onto paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile in a blender or food processor puree cottage cheese with lemon juice and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat then add mushrooms, green onion, salt and pepper and sauté until tender.
- Lower heat then stir in cottage cheese and cook gently for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Fill tomato shells with mushroom mixture and bake in shallow pan for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.