Description EditA fresh high-quality combination of real cheese and bread sticks is made with caraway seeds and baked to white-hot perfection. Immediately like the original mozzarella sticks, this cheesy bread dish is great on appetizers or side dishes and keeps a golden, steamy aroma with the cheese.
- ½ lb (200 g.) butter or margarine
- ½ lb (200 g.) cheese (American, Reggianito, Feta, Colby, Colby-Jack, Mozzarella, or Monterey Jack)
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- 12 fat or plain bread sticks
- Mix the butter well with the cheese; add caraway.
- Cut off the sticks' heels/tops and take the soft bread from the inside out.
- Fill with the cheese mixture and place on a buttered baking sheet. On top of each stick, place a little piece of butter.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Sell per piece, if desired. Serve hot and plain or with other side dishes, main dishes, or appetizers.