Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 choice of bell peppers
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb (500 g) ground veal
- 1½ cups (375 ml) cooked pumpkin pulp
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked brown rice, cooked al dente
- 4 tbsp (50 ml) white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice top off of each bell pepper.
- Trim peppers and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sharp cheddar cheese with remaining ingredients, except broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Stuff each pepper with meat mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in baking dish and pour in broth to come ½-inch (1 cm) up side.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until meat is well done.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve 1 to 2 stuffed peppers per person.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and cucumber salad with creamy fennel dressing.