Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 15 to 18 latkes (4 servings).
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sour cream (optional)
- applesauce (optional)
- Combine rice, Cheese, Onion, flour, salt, pepper and egg yolks in medium bowl.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in small bowl until stiff but not dry. #Fold beaten egg whites into rice mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons batter into skillet for each latke; push batter into diamond shape using spatula.
- Cook latkes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with sour cream and applesauce, if desired.