What could be easier than beef and veggies that grill to perfection in their own little pouches?
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep: 20 minutes | Start to finish: 40 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 2 medium yellow Yukon potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups baby-cut carrots
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half, if desired
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Spray half of one side of four 18x12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 2 chopped onions and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1 inch thick.
- Place potatoes on sprayed sides of foil sheets.
- Top with beef patty, carrots, tomatoes and sliced onions; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Fold foil over patties and vegetables so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again.
- Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 17 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place packets on plates.
- Cut a large X across top of packet; fold back foil.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 235 ) | Total Fat 26 g (Saturated Fat 12 g) | Cholesterol 95 mg | Sodium 800 mg | Total Carbohydrate 23 g (Dietary Fiber 4 g) | Protein 30 g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 100% | Vitamin C 22% | Calcium 20% | Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 3 medium-fat meat | 2 vegetable | 2 fat