Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What could be easier than beef and veggies that grill to perfection in their own little pouches?
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep: 20 minutes | Start to finish: 40 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- 2 medium yellow Yukon potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups baby-cut carrots
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half, if desired
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoon peppered seasoned salt
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Spray half of one side of four 18x12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 2 chopped onions and 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1 inch thick.
- Place potatoes on sprayed sides of foil sheets.
- Top with beef patty, carrots, tomatoes and sliced onions; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Fold foil over patties and vegetables so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight ½-inch fold; fold again.
- Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 17 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place packets on plates.
- Cut a large X across top of packet; fold back foil.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 235 ) | Total Fat 26 g (Saturated Fat 12 g) | Cholesterol 95 mg | Sodium 800 mg | Total Carbohydrate 23 g (Dietary Fiber 4 g) | Protein 30 g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 100% | Vitamin C 22% | Calcium 20% | Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 3 medium-fat meat | 2 vegetable | 2 fat