Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- ¾ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds ground beef (option: use ground buffalo instead of ground beef)
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut in ¼ inch cubes
- In a medium bowl thoroughly combine the onion, horseradish, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and with your hands lightly bring all the ingredients together; being careful not to over work the meat.
- With dampened hands, form the meat into 4 patties of even thickness (these are fairly large patties; feel free to make 6 smaller patties if desired)
- Make a large depression in the top of the patties, about 2 inches wide.
- Place ¼ of the cheddar cheese in the depression (you may need to push some of the cheese lightly into the bottom) and bring the meat over the cheese, enclosing it completely.
- Place on a lined baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, light the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Cook the burgers for 5 minutes a side or until desired doneness.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (228 g-wt.):
- 580 calories (400 from fat) | 45g total fat | 20g saturated fat | 0g dietary fiber | 38g protein | 4g carbohydrate | 155mg cholesterol | 590mg sodium