At a reduced 341 calories per hamburger, this recipe deserves some attention. Leave out the cheese and you'll save even more calories, and fat! This recipe may look difficult at first because of the long list of ingredients, but really it's quite simple!
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced dried onion
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1½ lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese, cut into four pieces
- 4 hamburger buns
- romaine lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- 8 thin tomato slices
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Combine ketchup and next 8 ingredients.
- Stir half of ketchup mixture into turkey and combine well.
- Divide into 8 equal patties and place 1 piece of cheese on 4 of them.
- Top with remaining patties, pinching edges to seal.
- Grill or broil, turning once, until cooked through, brushing remaining sauce over burgers during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato.
Nutritional information Edit
- 341 calories | 45g protein | 4g fat | 106mg cholesterol | 30g carbohydrates | 1,072mg sodium (check the labels of the sauce ingredients, cut back if you're on a salt-restricted diet) | 2g fiber