Makes 6 servings.
- 3 large green peppers
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain. Arrange cut side up in 12x8x2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt.
- Cook tofu, vegetables and garlic in butter in large skillet until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Toss with rice, 1 cup Cheese, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Fill each pepper half with 2/3 cup mixture. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheese over cups. Bake 5 minutes, or until Cheese is melted.