Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Copyright, 2006, Robin Miller, All rights reserved
- Show: Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller
- Episode: Fast and Flavorful
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- hot sauce
- Add oil to a large pot set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Add stock and mashed potatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Add cheddar, salt, white pepper, dry mustard and hot sauce. Stir to combine and allow the cheese to melt.