In Romanian: Tort ieftin I
- 5 eggs
- 4 oz / 125 g butter
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- flour as needed
- butter to grease the pan
- Cream the sugar with the butter and yolks, add vanilla, cold milk and baking powder, mixing everything well.
- Add the whipped egg whites and then at the end, as much flour as necessary to make a thick but still pourable paste.
- Pour in the baking pan that was previously buttered and dusted with flour and bake at medium heat. Test with a straw to see if it is done.
- Then let cool, cut into two layers and fill with the desired filling, with preserves or marmalade.