Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Received from church pot luck in 1984. The lady who gave it to me said that her grandmother used to make it for her as a child, so it is at least 70 years old and another mainstay at our supper club and family gatherings. Yummy.
- 6 slices of day old bread crumbled
- 4 cups scalded milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 slightly beaten eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the pudding by putting bread into a buttered baking dish.
- Blend milk, butter, Sugar, eggs, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over bread. Bake at 350 for 45–60 minutes until pudding is done (solid).
- Make the sauce by melting chocolate chips with corn syrup and evaporated milk.
- Pour over cooled pudding.
- Prepare topping by beating egg whites, cream of tartar, Sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Pour over warm chocolate, making peaks.
- Brown at 350 until golden brown peaks form.