Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 parsnips
- 12 cardamom pods
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 strips of orange peel
- 4 lamb rumps about 150 g ea
- 3 bird's eye chilies, dried
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
- 150 g roma tomatoes
- 16 button mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp mint, fine chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, fine chopped
- dash balsamic vinegar
- oil of deep frying
- sprig of rosemary
- Peel the parsnips, trim and shave into long strips.
- Fry in hot oil in a deep fryer til lightly golden.
- Drain briefly on paper, sprinkle with salt, then store airtight once cooled. (Can be kept up to 2 days)
- Split the cardamom pods and extract the seeds.
- Put half of them in a dish with 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, the olive oil, garlic and orange peel and blend together to make a marinade.
- Add the lamb rumps, turn to coat in the marinade, then pepper to taste.
- Cover and leave a room temp for 1 hour.
- Grind the rest of the cardamom pods with the 1 tbsp of coriander seeds and set aside for the tomato jus.
- Mix the dried chillies and rosemary with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Set aside for the mushrooms.
- Plunge the spinach into boiling water.
- Count to 30 and remove and drain with cool water.
- Drain again.
- Next prepare the sauce ingredients.
- Skin the tomatoes, cut in half flick the seeds into a sieve, set over a bowl to drain, then dice the flesh.
- Cool the marinaded lamb rumps on a very hot grill till done to your liking.
- Transfer the lamb to a board and sprinkle both side very generously with the salt.
- Leave to stand 2-3 minutes while preparing the garnishes.
- Put the chilli oil for the mushrooms in a small frying pan and set over a medium high heat.
- When hot add mushrooms. Cook quickly until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt then tip onto a plate.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, heat a large oiled pan over a medium heat.
- Add the spinach, sprinkle on a little salt and add some ground pepper.
- Reheat gently, don't fry.
- Arrange on 4 dinner plates.
- Wipe out both fry pans.
- Put 1 tsp of oil in the small fry pan and set it over a med.
- High heat.
- When hot tip in the cherry tomatoes.
- Stir quickly and cook 20 seconds until glazed.
- Turn onto a plate.
- Warm the extra virgin olive oil in a fry pan.
- Add the ground spices then add the diced tomato and strained jus, a good splash of balsamic vinegar, ¼ ts of salt and the herbs.
- Warm through then turn off the heat.
- Slice the meat thinly across the grain and transfer to the plates.
- Spoon over the tomato juice and garnish with the tomatoes, mushrooms and parsnips.
- Serve immediately.