Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups water
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 pounds chard stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 slice Spanish ham finely diced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup raisins soaked in hot water to cover 1 hour to soften and drained
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Add salt and chard then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain chard pressing firmly to remove any excess liquid.
- In a skillet heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add ham and sauté stirring 2 minutes to color lightly.
- Add pine nuts then stir well and add chard and raisins again mixing well.
- Cook briefly stirring, until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve immediately.