Stir-fry. Makes amount 6 servings.
- ½ lb. finely ground beef or pork
- ½ lb. cellophane noodles
- ½ bunch spinach (about 1½ cups when cooked)
- 10 mushrooms, fresh or dried
- ½ - 1 onion chopped
- 1 - 2 carrots, shredded or finely slivered
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 - 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon MSG
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Fry meat in small amount of cooking oil until done and set aside.
- Cook noodles in boiling water, test for tenderness. They should be soft but firm. Rinse noodles in cold water when done.
- Cut noodles to 3 or 4 inch lengths.
- Cook spinach in boiling water, drain, rinse in cold water and drain again. Cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- If dried mushrooms are used, wash well and soak in warm water for 15 minutes. If fresh, wash well.
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces.
- Over medium heat in wok or frypan, heat some cooking oil and stir-fry mushrooms, onion and carrots until barely tender.
- Add meat, noodles, spinach and more oil if needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir and cook, adding sesame seeds, sesame oil,soy sauce, sugar, MSG, garlic, pepper and salt. Taste as you cook and mix in seasonings, adjusting them to taste.
- Heat just long enough to heat ingredients and blend flavors by mixing.