Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jelly Doughnuts - These are the real thing — they taste like the doughnuts that are sold.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 20 servings
- 55 min prep
- 4 cups flour
- 100 g margarine (1 stick)
- 30 g yeast (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cognac
- 3 drops vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- jelly or chocolate for filling
- Dissolve yeast + 1 teaspoon sugar in a little water.
- Put all the other ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Mix and knead till smooth.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Knead again, return to fridge for ½ hour.
- Roll out to 3 cent.
- Thick (a little more than an inch), shape your doughnuts (you can use the right size glass or doughnut cutter).
- Let rise ½ hour.
- Deep fry at 375°F, till golden, flip over when doughnut rises to top of oil and let the other side become golden as well.
- Fill with desired jelly (or a square of chocolate which will melt in the warm dough).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.