Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups channa dal
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 cups milk powder
- 50 g pistachios
- 20 cardamom's seeds, crushed
- 50 g almonds
- 1\12 cup ghee
- silver leaf (varak) for decoration, optional
- Drain the soaked Lentil and wash well.
- Place Lentil in a saucepan, add water and boil rapidly for 5 minutes then lower the heat and boil for a further 1\2 an hour or until tender and all the water from the Lentil has evaporated.
- In a chopper or food processor grind the Lentil to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy- based saucepan. Add cardamom seeds, stirring all the time fry it for a few seconds.
- Add Lentil, Sugar and milk powder and stirring continuously, fry the mixture until ghee is first absorbed by Lentil and then released.
- The halva is ready when ghee begins to separate and color changes to light brown about 25–30 minutes.
- Transfer halva to a tray or a baking sheet and spread it out into a thickness of no more than 1\2 inch.
- Leave it to cool down. as soon as it begin to set, cut it into squares or diamonds and leave it to cool completely for several hours.
- Decorate with varak, sliced pistachios and almonds. Lift off the halva with a spatula and arrange on a serving dish.