Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This recipe is for 4 servings
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, scraped and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and brown the meat lightly all over.
- Add all the other ingredients to the casserole with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer gently until the meat is tender, about 3 hours.
- Allow the meat to cool completely in the stock, then remove to a serving platter.
- Reserve the stock for another use.
- Serve the pork sliced with Salsa de Aji Colorado (red pepper sauce).
- In Chile the pork slices would be covered with the sauce.
- But since it can be quite incendiary if the peppers used are very hot, it is wiser to test one's palate with a little at a time.