Center mixture Edit
- Bring the cream to a boil and pour it over the cut chocolate.
- Allow to stand 1-to-2 minutes and stir smooth.
- Beat in the softened butter and cool to set.
- Beat with an electric mixer (using a paddle attachment if available) on medium speed until light.
- Beat in cognac.
- Pipe out small truffles on parchment or waxed paper with a pastry bag fitted with a ½-inch plain tube.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Sift the cocoa into a deep pan.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate and then deposit them in the cocoa, shaking the pan to cover them.
- After the covering sets, shake the truffles in a strainer to remove the excess cocoa.