- 2 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup wild strawberries or strawberry slices
- Bring three-quarters of the champagne to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the Sugar and water in a pan and stir to dissolve Sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and let cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until syrup forms a thread when pulled between your thumb and forefinger.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Stir champagne and fruit juices into the sugar syrup; cool.
- Freeze mixture in a plastic container until hard, several hours or overnight.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sorbet until smooth.
- Return sorbet to freezer until firm.
- Serve scoops of sorbet on chilled plates or in glasses, garnished with wild strawberries or strawberry slices