Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe may be served with corn chips and condiments
- 1 lb (500 g) pinto beans
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) pork roast
- 7 cups (18 dl) water
- ½ cup (75 g) onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 4 oz (100 g) chopped green chile peppers (one can)
- Put all ingredients in a Dutch oven, an electric crockery cooker, or a heavy kettle.
- Cover and simmer about 5 hours, or until the roast falls apart and the beans are done.
- Uncover and cook about ½ hour, until the desired thickness is achieved.