Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chai Spice Tea from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups water
- 4 tea bags, black tea
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 slices fresh ginger, cut into 1½ inch slices
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add tea bags, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add remaining ingredients to tea and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve hot.