Chai Spice Tea from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 cups water
- 4 tea bags, black tea
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 slices fresh ginger, cut into 1½ inch slices
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add tea bags, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add remaining ingredients to tea and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and serve hot.