A lovely tangy salad dish from Chad. Used as a party dish or dessert this makes 1 to 2 portions.
- 150 gm Fair Trade long grain brown rice
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 FAIRTRADE bananas
- 50 gm FAIRTRADE Raisins
- 15 ml chopped almonds
- 60 ml olive oil
- 20 ml FAIRTRADE lemon juice
- zest of 1 FAIRTRADE lemon
- 5 ml salt
- 2.5 ml Fair trade ground coriander
- 2.5 ml Fair trade ground cumin
- 2.5 ml Fair trade cayenne pepper
- 5 ml Organic FAIRTRADE runny honey
- Cook the rice in the usual way, rinse and allow to cool.
- Slice the cucumber.
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- Put the rice, cucmber, bananas, Raisins and almonds in a salad bowl and mix gently but well.
- Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, coriander, cumin, Cayenne and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator and then serve.