Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a creation using both modern and traditional ceviche methods. The key of course is fresh fresh Ahi. One of the reasons that a really terrific ceviche is, well, really terrific is the type of fish and/or seafood used. It MUST be absolutely of the freshest quality. Some traditional recipes use ketchup which can be substituted for the tomato juice and Sugar.
- 20 ounces fresh ahi tuna, cubed
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 fresh avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1 tomato, roasted,peeled and seeded
- 1 serrano pepper, roasted,seeded and minced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅛ cup tomato juice
- 1 dash tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- Chop tuna into ¼ inch cubes.
- Toss with ½ juices, and all ingredients with exception of mango and avocado cubes.
- Let sit to marinate as desired in refrigeration.
- Before serving, chop mango and avocado and separate.
- Toss separately in the rest of the juices.
- On a large serving plate, place a small ring mold in the center of the plate.
- Spoon an equal portion of mango into bottom of a small ring mold.
- Add an equal portion of avacado and top with equal portion of ahi mixture.
- Press down and remove mold.
- Refrigerate in pantry right away.
- Note these should be made not only daily but as close to serving as possible.
- Repeat for additional portions.
- Serve surrounded with tortilla chips and corn nuts (corn nuts are optional but are a traditional touch).
- Decorate plate and mold with chopped cilantro (alternatively, you can mix all ingredients together or not and place in an over-sized martini glass.
- Chips can be served on the side).